December 17, 2008

Texture

Here is the back of the Texture Cardigan blocking. I like it. I like the leaves at the bottom. I like the kind of cables. I even like the bobbles. Crazy. This uses two yarns. The blue is Cleckheaton Country, I got it when a store nearish by closed. Closed, because she wanted to be with her family not because it wasn't doing well. I didn't know what to do with the yarn when I bought it. It's DK weight and not enough for a sweater. Then I saw this pattern in the VogueKnitting and realized all I needed was a complimenting yarn. Knitty Couture had their one year anniversary sale and I grabbed some Rowan Felted Tweed (though this seems to be the least tweedy tweed I've ever seen) in what I thought was a matching color. For some reason at the store the yarn looked more blue and in my head the first yarn was a much lighter blue. When I got home I wondered if it would work. I held them up together; it wasn't what I'd had in mind but maybe..... Well what you see is what I got. I like it. I wouldn't normal wear gray, but I always wear blue. I think it looks pretty neat. Yay, for mistakes!

No comments: