January 20, 2009

Texturific


I finished knitting and sewing this up over a week ago. It has taken that long to get buttons.

To voice again, if I haven't already, this was Texture from the VogueKnitting Fall 2008. Cleckheaton Country and Rowan Felted Tweed. And the pattern was an absolute joy to knit. So involved and on size 10 needles so fast! Yet not looking like it's a bulky knit.Then the buttons. Oh the impossible search for buttons. I found these at a neat little consignment store just a few stores down from the LYS. This place is all about old style clothing, really neat. There is an old dresser with a bunch of little drawers full of buttons. Every shape, color and size you could think of. Since it's all as is. It's a challenge to find the button you love and the number you need. The first set I found was perfect, but only had four. I thought about using a plain button for the top. But then found these. I liked them just as much and there were five. It was fun looking through all the neat old buttons. One could lost in those drawers.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

you amaze me! i love the daisy buttons! :0)

R said...

Love it! I especially like the hem, very cute.

Nicole said...

sooo pretty:)