March 6, 2010

New Foods

The Bug recently took this picture of my cookbook shelf. The top shelf being the books I use the most and the most recent issues of Vegetarian Times. Now there is a new cookbook up there; Vegan Soul Kitchen.
This is one for the recently tried recipes; Open Faced BBQ Tempeh Sandwich with Carrot-Cayenne Coleslaw. It was quite good and filling. I have a bunch of the coleslaw left so tonight we're having "hotdogs", the coleslaw and Cumin-Cayenne Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Onions, which was a part of out Thanksgiving dinner and quite tasty.
Now I grew up in Virginia but never really experienced soul food. I think it's a deeper south thing and I know it's generally not at all vegetarian friendly. This book is going to a be fun bit of new experiences and I'm really looking forward to that.

No comments: