July 13, 2010

Why...

Why does dinner only get ruined or fall apart on the evening before grocery day (thus not much food in the house) AND on the evening when Mr. Gnome has to work (thus dinner has to be at an exact time). If I'd just been to the grocery store we'd have more options or other meal plans to turn to. If Mr. Gnome was staying home dinner could be later or, heck, we could just go out. But, no, it never works out that way. Leaving me staring at the randomness of my pantry and refrigerator.Tonight was one of those nights. I'm always happy when whatever I through together on these evenings resembles food and is satisfying. But tonight I'm a bit proud too. Polenta, eggplant, spinach and basil layered with tomato sauce on top with a sprinkling of pine nuts and baked in the oven for as long as was allowed. Along with Tomato Rosemary Scones from Vegan Brunch. I would have liked to have baked the polenta thing a bit longer but we really were out of time. Thus another benefit to not eating meat; cooking time can vary.

No comments: