November 5, 2010

Lasagna

So I have to talk more about yesterday's lasagna. I may not be cool enough for Vegan MoFo; I do try to be cool enough to read about it.
I'm calling the lasagna an Italian Feast Lasagna; though really it was I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be used in the fridge and this is what I came up with lasagna. But you see, Italian Feast Lasagna just sounds tastier.
First noodles, then sauteed zucchini, then Vegan Dad's Alfredo Sauce; this stuff is awesome, Mr. Gnome the cream loving fiend even likes it. Again with the noodles now this is when I realized I just wasn't going to have enough sauce for an all white lasagna so I did sliced tomatoes with sliced garlic, basil, thyme and some oil drizzled on top. Essential what is in very basic tomato sauce. Again with the noodles then peeled, brinned and sauteed Eggplant pieces topped with more Alfredo Sauce. This is when I totally ran out of Alfredo Sauce. Again with the noodles. Being out of Alfredo sauce I topped it all with some homemade spaghetti sauce. Covered it, through it in the 400 oven for 40 minutes. And Oh was it good!

No comments: