December 28, 2010

The Giver Socks

Just in time for Christmas I finished some socks for Mr. Gnome. That wasn't really the intent but it was nice. I started these socks a good month ago. All while I've been knitting on them Mr. Gnome has been talking about The Giver. His theater is doing a play adaptation in January. I'm very excited I love that book. So here I am knitting gray scale socks while talking about The Giver. Then it hit me that they needed a red stripe at the top. Not showing by may poke out so someone could think what was that?.
Thus here they are. Mr. Gnome's Giver socks. Finished just in time for Tech.
Yarn was Marks & Kattens Fame Trend, the red is Lorna's Laces Sock. Knit up on size 0s. Yes that's why it took so long; madness. The stitch pattern is from the Vogue Knitting Ultimate Sock Book. Knit toe up, stitch pattern reversed on second sock.