April 28, 2011

The Madness Round 4

Finished it last night at midnight; fourth in my team. This round has been a bit insane; mad even. Monday was spent hovering over Ravelry awaiting the arrival of the next pattern and reading all the lovely songs. Nearing the end of the day it was deduced that the designer was European meaning that there wouldn't be a pattern that day; but this meant it could be early the next day. In my insanity I went to bed with the IPod next to my bed thinking I'd check it if I woke up around 5 or 6 and if it was up then I'd get up. I usually wake up naturally around then and go back to sleep. I woke up reaching for my Ipod and checking Ravelry. I really don't remember reaching for my Ipod or turning it on and only vaguely remember going to Ravelry. And there was a thread for the pattern and it was an hour old. I assumed it was 5am; I looked at the time it was 3am. I thought no I can't get up now. That would be crazy too much madness if you will. I tried to convince myself of this for the next 45 minutes all the while thinking about all the European knitters who would have already started their socks. Really it's a sickness. I got up listened to podcasts and started the sock.
My mother is now in town and I am going to spend some more time with her and get some plants. Maybe it will stop raining someday so I can plant them.

No comments: