January 21, 2012

Problem? Who has a problem?

I signed up for Janel Laidmen's club doing the pattern only option. You see not getting more yarn just patterns....because I need more of that....or something. And well you know I'm a suck for a KAL. With this club you get a sock pattern and then the second pattern is a mystery. I do love a mystery and this is being so cleverly done. Story, intrigue, humor just wonderful.
Doing the pattern only means the yarn has to come from somewhere. So instead of being smart and space frugal I'm dying the yarn to go with the pattern. Or in this case the story in the mystery. The mystery talks about the yarn being the color of stone and all colors but none. Well I'm working with Kool Aid so....I did some research and found a someone's gray on Ravelry that is kind of a blue/gray. One package grape, then one package lemon-lime, then I waited for that to be mostly absorbed, this took no time at all really, then two packages of Berry Blue. And viola above is what I got.
And this is it knit up into the first clue.
This may get me knitting different things as I don't know what I'm knitting to begin with and lets be honest I have enough socks. And it gets me dyeing again, and I've missed doing that.

No comments: