June 30, 2012

Summerific Tote

 A new tote for Summer.  Big enough for knitting, a book, a snack, heck maybe I'll even remember the camera!  Whatever we may need on our bigger excursions.  This is the Multi-Tasker Tote by Anna Maria Horner.
 Lots of pockets.  Pockets are such a necessity.  One can never have too many pockets.
 I finished this lovely yesterday in time to bring it on my Parent's Night Out.  The library does a Parent's Night Out program as part of their Summer Reading.  The Bug has a lot of fun.  Crafts, activities, food all at her favorite place; the library.  Mr. Gnome is off on his annual concert mini vaca. so I took myself out for pizza and quiet reading. 
Here is the bag properly pinned with shorter straps.  Last night walking around; not that I did much it was still 100F at 7pm, I realized I wanted the straps even shorter.  I'd already shortened them by 5inches.  Four more inches chopped off and I think it may be right. 
I got the fabric and pattern at a cute relatively new (their coming up on one year) fabric store.  I recently took an Embroidery class there and hopefully I'll be finishing that project up soon.  It's an adorable space with some Great fabric, the kind you usually just drool over through the computer. 

No comments: