May 15, 2013

Knits at Sunset

Finally.  I've been meaning to do this for weeks.  All of my knitting lately seems to be taking FOREVER. 
First in the back on the left that purple pile.  Swiss cheese; one of those knits where you say I'll just knit until I finish these two skeins.  And we all know what happens when we say that.  "Are we there yet?"  I am still proclaiming, "Are we half way there yet?".  Then the white pile.  Giardina is lovely and really I'm almost done.  Being the fancy beaded lacey thing that it is it's my Mr.-Gnome-isn't-home project.  However, I've been sewing most nights that he's not home lately.  Not knitting on something will make it take forever.  Then there is the temperature scarf.  I knew going into this that it would take all year.  It's My Year in Temperature Scarf after all.  It does help that I'm done knitting blue.  For a while at least. Then in the front there are the hexipuffs.  Almost half way there.  It's been over a year since I started.  Embrace the longevity, embrace the longevity.  In the middle is Tulip Socks the second one actually and really the project that feels like it might actually be finished in this decade.  Then Pi socks.  Still the first one.  Poor thing got shoved aside for the Cookie A. sock club back in April and then I got all excited about Tulip.  Poor Pi just sits.  Again, not knitting on something will make it take Forever.
I'll finish the commissioned quilt tonight then I'll be onto lots of sewing projects I have planned for me and The Bug.  I have my sewing mojo back!

No comments: