February 5, 2014

Ups and Downs

Often Blogging is nothing like talking to people.  Sometimes it's just too much like talking to people and you don't hear from me for a week or weeks.  Or just barely.  This is just me.
 Last night I finished Clue 4 of the Follow Your Arrow MKAL.  Again b.  I opened this week's update hoping to want to do clue a.  I wasn't going to say I have to; what if I didn't like how it worked with what I'd done so far?  What if I just didn't like it?  I like options.  Or I don't like being tied down to a decision. Whichever I did try to like a.  I looked through the two, and being able to to truly read a pattern has been very helpful in choosing what I want to happen next.  After a bit of deliberation I decided b was what I wanted. So B all the way?  One more clue.
On the other side of the knitting wall.  I have this piece of ugh.  I finished and blocked it a week or so ago and it's been firmly in time out since.  I truly have never done color work that looks this lumpy before, uneven and just down right bad.  See there where the palm meets the thumb.  BIG lump, the rest on this side isn't too bad.  But the other side....
You can totally see where the needles met on this side.  What's truly sad is I KNOW I can do better than this.  I have in the past I don't know why I didn't on this piece.  I suspected as much and that's why there is only this one and I didn't even stick the thumb on before blocking.  Blocking can only help so much.  It will get ripped and re-knit.  It's such a fun pattern and I will beat it!  However there is some gift knitting that needs to take precedence. 

No comments: