October 12, 2007

Funk

I am in a knitting Funk. I finished two projects just after getting into the house. I was so busy while knitting these that I didn't get to dream about what I'd be knitting next. Usually I get all excited about the next project while I'm finishing the first. Finishing be meant to mean while knitting the first sleeve, not the actual finishing. I'm usually so anxious to start the next project by the sewing up part that my sewing up leaves a little to be desired. ahem... Anyway. I was so busy unpacking that I didn't really even realize I was almost done with a knitting piece. That and the bolero went so fast! I do my gauge swatch, when I'm good enough to do one at all, while I'm still working on the first project. This time I was done and I had nothing to knit. I still had to figure out what I wanted to knit, wind the yarn into balls, and force myself to knit a gauge swatch. That's what I've been doing since I finished the bolero. Nothing fun no real knitting. I haven't been able to get excited about anything. I started a sweater for Little Bug. I had to rip it all out, I cast on too few stitches and making the self striping yarn work was going to be hard, well impossible. I bought the yarn on ebay and I think I only have partial balls. Sigh... and well grrrrr
This is all I've done. Coasters. Cast on 20 sts knit for 31 rows..... Huh? What? Oh sorry, I fell asleep. The two on the bottom are felted as the others will be. I need to make 36-42 of these.
I want to knit myself a sweater. I want to knit myself a sweater that doesn't look like ass. I want to knit myself a sweater that doesn't look like ass that I can wear to visit my in-laws this Christmas. So I can say "OH you like my sweater? Thank you I knit it myself; just me, yarn, a couple sticks and detailed instructions. Why, yes, I'm not a good for nothing. Thank you." This is the stress I put upon myself.
On non-knitting topics but with the possibility of funk. Little Bug has decided to wear panties. You see all her friends are wearing panties. So she told me she should wear panties too. I have been Dreading potty training. Mostly just the pee, going back to the funk, as in funky smell. I don't know why this bothered me so much. I cloth diaper, I deal with the pee all the time! She had one day of total accidents, the next day I had my act together and was getting her on the potty in time. Now it's a split between her telling me and me asking her. I didn't think she'd get it this fast. I'm really proud of her.

No comments: