October 28, 2007

How I Felt

Or how it didn't.
Remember those coasters? Noticed how they aren't on the side bar anymore and I have been avoiding talking about them? Yes well this is why:
These were knitted up on the same needles, same number of stitches, same washing machine cycle. I couldn't even get that top green one to get rid of it wonky corner. I'm not sure if it's the yarn or my machine. Perhaps high efficiencies don't rough it up enough. Regardless I'm at a loss for what to do. I don't think giving people a set of four different shaped coasters is what I want to do. What is a generic gift you can give to just about anyone without having to make something for each person. With these and the dishcloths from last year I could give it to the family unit. Hats, scarves, mittens, etc. don't really work that way. And there are way too many people for me to even try to do that for everyone. Not to mention the part where I'm that silly "southern girl" who knows Nothing about living in the NorthEast. (Never mind that I was born in New York and lived in New England for three years, let's just say I know what -20F feels like). Anyway.
I am making my MIL the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl.
I got the kit from Spunky Eclectic This is the Nova Scotia colorway. I rather think it looks like the first dusting of snow that has fallen on the last of the fall leaves. Or, it does when it's stretched out and you can see the leaf pattern. This is my first lace shawl. What they say about the pattern being wicked easy is so true. I don't feel lost and have kind of memorized the pattern.

The sock had to be ripped back. This is the round toe cast on from Sensational Knitted Socks. Notice the HOLE. Not how I wanted to start out the life of my sock. I have begun again with the easy toe cast on. So far so good, it's easy, and there isn't a hole.


That is all for now. I will leave you with this.
Now what would a self-proclaimed non-sewer want with all this fabric?

No comments: