October 25, 2007

Socks & Box


I finished Little Bug's tube socks. Very stripey fun. She likes them. Can you tell? These were knit up on threes toe up. The blue yarn is left over from some fingerless mittens I made myself and have never taken a picture of. The red is from my first pair of socks. These were my first toe up socks. I used the short-row toe from Sensational Knitted Socks. Now I can do short rows in sweaters and they are fun and look nice. These socks however, well on sock has 49 stitches and the other has 51. They are Supposed to have 50, so at least my average is right. I have no idea how this happened.

I have started my next pair of socks using Lorna's Lace on zeros. I'm afraid of breaking the toothpicks that are trying to pass as knitting needles. This time I'm doing the easy toe also from Sensational Knitted Socks. The back of the Raglan Sweater is finished. I finished it a few days ago and haven't cast on for the front yet.

This is Little Bug's costume. She is a moving box! Yes, that does say "FRAGILE" upside down on the side. There are bells inside the box so it makes a rattling like noise when she walks. She is very happy about her costume. You have to love these early Halloweens where you can dress them up in nice cheap made at home costumes and they love it.

No comments: