November 4, 2007

Chanukah Comes Early

I just couldn't wait any longer I gave Mr. Gnome his hat.

I finished this a few weeks ago and have been really pleased with it. But afraid to be too pleased since he hadn't tried it on. (Not to mention I couldn't Blog about it due to his reading of the blog OR put it on Ravelry since he looks at the Flickr account too!) This is knit with Gedifra, a wool acrylic blend. It is really soft. I got the stitch pattern from Vogue's Stitchionary 3 and used his old favorite hat to give me the dimensions. Mr. Gnome has a very old, very worn out light-weight hat that he loves. He had made noises about how he needed a new one last winter when I was even newer to knitting. I got the hint. He is quite pleased. I am now making my little brother (he's 21 and much taller than my but it's still fun to say) a hat out of the same yarn, different pattern. Pictures to come.

Also on the FO wagon. (When it rains it pours)


The Forest Canopy Shawl! This was so much fun to knit! I love the yarn and how it looks in this shawl. You really can't see how it looks with that bright green background. I will get a good picture someday I promise! This is for my MIL, hopefully it is good enough, probably not....

Yesterday I went to a new LYS that opened up really near where I live. I got some yarn that will hopefully be mittens for my SIL. Doing the gauge swatch. As much of a joke as that is.

Speaking of the joke that is the gauge swatch. The Cabaret sweater is coming along. I had to to do some .... modifications.... do to gauge swatch lies. Lies I tell you! I have faith that it will turn out fine. DeNile ain't just a river in Egypt!

No comments: