January 31, 2008

Diversions Continue

Yes, the convertible mittens are another diversion from the Tea Set. But they shall be the last. I have crochet hooks, I have a "I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting" pamphlet book thing. I shall learn. As soon as I finish the mittens.

One done one to go! I like this pattern much more than the one I used for the SIL's mittens. The construction makes for a mitten that fits the shape of a hand better. I'd read that some found it to be a bit loose but I'm liking it's slight roomyness. The fingers are snug and that is what matters more I think. However I've found the directions to be a bit, well, odd. With stuff that seem like mistakes, like increases that don't get you the right number of stitches or decreases that are just worded oddly so they don't make sense at first. Anyhow. The second will definatly go faster.

I need to rip back a bunch of the cable part of Arwen. I've needed to do this for a few days. blech.

This past sunday we went to the Mardi Gras Dog Parade. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.

No comments: