September 22, 2008

Apple Picking

Saturday we went apple picking with some friends. The Bug was very excited to go fruit picking with her friends. Apparently fruit picking with just her parents isn't Nearly as much fun.

As always we just got a few things.... yeay right. You see back in the day when we lived on our own farms and grew our own stuff we canned or dried what we weren't going to eat right then. Now with technology we have the freezer too. Thus I froze the fruits before and with these apples I will make jars of apple butter (frozen apples don't seem like such a good idea). Better than getting it from South America in a few months.

I'm of course making yummy things for the right now too. Already made an Apple Crisp. Mmm it was very basic (I didn't have the oats to make the more "crunchy" version) but Very yummy. Just plain eating them is great too . I have more apple plans that involve a peanut butter-caramel. I think that's all that needs to be said about that.

No comments: