November 26, 2008

Thankful for teeth

Last year's explanation about teeth. It is all still true. I am looking forward to tomorrow. At one point we thought Mr. Gnome would be working tomorrow evening. I was upset and he was surprised. He didn't think I cared that much for the holiday. It's not so much the holiday it's one of the few days I thought I had guaranteed he would be home. He didn't get scheduled and that is something to be thankful for.
Our dinner menu this year:

Mushroom, Cheese Vegetable Strudel
Green Beans with Walnuts and Shallot Crisps
Garlicky Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Double Cranberry Chutney
Fall Salad

This is the cover of the Nov/Dec Vegetarian Times if you happened to see it. That baby came in the mail and I proclaimed Thanksgiving Dinner planned. As we came closer I realised I didn't have a dessert planned. I'll admit it we like our special treats around here. They are almost always home made and generally are from fruit and have whole grains in them but they are still treats. But I'm not a huge fan of Pumpkin Pie, I'll eat it if you put it in front of me but making it... I asked Mr. Gnome if he had any suggestions he had his usual answer. Cheese Cake. The boy loves cheese cake, well he loves anything with cheese to be honest. We got a spring form pan when we got married and I think I made cheese cake once. Not so much because it's hard because it really isn't. More because the idea of just the two of us eating a cheesecake is kind of nasty. Now we have the bug and I'm sure she'll help. At first I said yeay right not gonna happen. Then as I was looking through my recipes I came across at Autumn Apple Cheesecake. And though well you know... that would be yummy. And he has been working a lot lately. And I am thankful for his dedication to this family that leads him to work those hours. So.....

I made the cheesecake.

No comments: