March 24, 2009

screw ups

My knitting life has been a series of screw ups lately, only some of which can be blamed on the monthly migraine.

First due to my inability to fully read the directions I knit an extra 2.5 inches on the German Stockings that needed to be then ripped back. Do you know how long it takes to knit 2.5 inches across 114 stitches on size 1.5 needles? I don't really want to think about it.
Then it took me three tries before I cast on the right number of stitches for a skirt for the Bug. This is also my inability to fully read directions and then be asked to do the math. It was beyond me for a time. I am intentionally not fully following the directions in hope of having fewer ends to weave in. You see the ends people has on Ravelry and it's almost enough to turn you off the pattern. But I have a plan; as long as I don't screw it up.

No comments: