December 5, 2009

casting on.....

I started a sweater. Or rather I restarted a sweater. Marseillesis the sweater I started for a fall knit along a few months ago but we didn't get a long and I just wasn't in the right frame of mind. It really was just me. Now I'm ready to give it another go and we are getting on wonderfully. Unfortunately there are two more holiday things that need to be finished. I also agreed to knit someone I knows sons hats and now scarfs. Now a word of caution when someone asks you to do this and then offers to get the yarn themselves find a way to say oh no that is just part of the service I provide. Or you'll find yourself neck deep in Red Heart Yarn.... Thus my sweater, made with Julia which is a wool/baby mohair/alpaca blend and thus much more appealing than Red Heart, will have to sit and wait for me.

1 comment:

jcg said...

I feel your pain. Live and learn, right?