February 26, 2010

Tastes of Summer

Last summer I froze some of the peaches and blueberries The Bug and I picked. I froze two peach cobblers worth. Measuring them out,cutting them up, and labeling the freezer bags.
Now in the cold of February I have a Peach and Blueberry Crisp. It's a very basic recipe just peaches and blueberries and some thickener with some pecans thrown on top.


I would also buy a bit more than I needed at the Farmer's Market and freeze what we didn't need. The other night I brought out some of the yellow squash and swiss chard and cooked them up in a bit of olive oil with some garlic. Tasty I was very pleased with how well the chard kept it's color even after being frozen, it actually stained some of the squash while they were cooking.

It was so nice to have these bits of color during the gray month of February.

No comments: