May 26, 2010

Rasen in May

This month's Fingerless Glove Fanatic KAL was for Rasen.
This is the first thing I've made with yarn from the Maryland Sheep and Wool. The yarn is Luna Aura Fiber Works, I found it in a booth with lots of other little online dyers. This was also my only purchase with a true intention. Oddly I also had to go UP a needle size to get gauge on this thing. I never go up almost always go down, usually by more than one size. Ah the fickle gauge goddess. I made my mitts a little shorter so they can be more easily worn with long sleeve shirts or a jacket, when they are longer they can get all bunched up and just are no fun. I also reversed the pattern so they'd mirror each other. This was a tiny bit tricky but easy enough to do and I like the look of it so much more.

No comments: