November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had our usual quiet just the three of us Thanksgiving. It's been a nice day. We watched the parade on TV. Well most of it. The multiple Spidermen kind of freaked us out. Then I cooked. Mr. Gnome made a fire and kept up with my dirty dishes. We listened to Alice's Restaurant, Adam Sandler then a nice live Carbon Leaf album. Good times.
This year for dinner (have I said how much I love being free to make something new every year?) I made Vegan Dad's Harvest Pies and Pumpkin-Pull-Apart Rolls. There was leftover pie fillings so I made a quick stuffing like thing with it, some left over mashed pumpkin, and some pieces of bread. A bit of salad with apples, pecans and blue cheese. And of course Cranberry Sauce.
Festive. The Bug always gets so excited for Thanksgiving. I don't know why she won't eat most of it. She lives for the Cranberry sauce.
Followed by our Post-Thanksgiving Dinner walk/bike ride around the block.
Later we will try the Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake from Vegan Pie in the Sky.
Hope everyone had a relaxing and Thankful day!

No comments: