February 5, 2013

Skirt in Snow

I have been in a total sewing funk.  I want to want to sew.  But I haven't really wanted to.  Part of this was that I had to hem some pants for Mr. Gnome and while that is so simple it isn't at all fun.  The other part, I don't know.  I was just in a funk.  But Mr. Gnome's pants had been sitting there for almost a month and well that's a bit sad.  So I buckled down and hemmed them.
Then I'd also gotten this fabric back in December to make as skirt for the bug.  So I buckled down and did that too.  It felt good to get it done but has not made me feel like sewing more.  I don't know.  If I'm honest it's because that room is a total mess and I don't want to deal with it.  
 But the skirt.  Owl fun corduroy and  some ruffly pink stuff.  The Bug wanted a skirt just out of the ruffly pink stuff.  I convinced her that it would be more special as just an accent.  I made it long.  She loves her skirts long and a-line.  It does still have an elastic band waist.  She likes that and it gives her growing room.
Yesterday we went to the Botanical Garden with a friend.  Perfect place for some pictures.  Not such a perfect place for kids who want to throw snow balls.

No comments: