February 20, 2013

Yarn Along

The Bug reads a chapter or a section or whatever of a book to me most days.  For a while now it's been Egypt. With random forays into Charles Darwin or just some plain old fun fiction.  But she always wants to go back to Egypt.  While she reads you know what I do; Knit the sock!  It's relaxing and gives me something to do other than read over her shoulder.
Recently she'd read all of the interesting to us Egypt books in her age range, or grade or whatever.  I wasn't sure how she'd do moving on.  She'd read everything really well and there are a few neat looking books in the next reading level or whatever.  I knew she had the vocabulary but reading and saying are two separate things; aren't they?  So I got The Egypt Game.  It's about Kids and playing and Egypt.  Really the sort of thing she'd enjoy.  She's doing great.  Of course there are words she has trouble with but that's the point.  She gets them and all is good.  If it had been too hard and she got too frustrated I would have read it to her.  So there we have it; one of the many books being read in the house at the moment.

2 comments:

momto5 said...

ok, i LOVE that sock yarn, what a beautiful color. man oh man! the sock pattern is lovely as well.

Tanya said...

beautiful sock.

loved hearing about your little reading ritual.