March 16, 2013

At Long Lasta Athabasca!

It's actually been done for a few days.  I was sewing the buttons on during The Bug's Zoo class on her Birthday so I could wear it around the zoo that day.  It was cold.
I'm pretty darn happy with it.  It fits really well.  It's only a tiny bit puckery in places.  And considering the massive amounts of color work I'll take that as a win.  I've never done such a big piece with this much stranding. 
 My one problem with it is the collar falls down.  I'm pretty sure that if I ripped those last rows of seed stitch out and redid them with a smaller needle it would be ok.  But I'm not much of a fan of turtlenecks or things on my neck so this feels better than if it was all up and rubbing on my chin.  Decisions.

The buttons are Awesome.  This sweater uses 13 buttons!  I was able to find all I needed in the buttons box we found at an estate sale last month. 

No comments: