November 17, 2007

Them

The other day a friend was over and she asked how many projects I had going. The answer was (and still is) four. She didn't believe me; thought it was more. I was only talking about my knitting. I didn't include the mysterious pile of fabric, which is knitting related. Or the strange and anal thing I do with old cooking magazines (nothing to do with knitting). Or the rest of the curtains I still want to sew. Well "want to" in that way I want curtains but don't want to sew but know I'll never find what I want in a store. And I really didn't include the knitting projects to be that are sitting in the closet and in my head.

Then I was driving with Mr. Gnome and told a woman to get herself and her ugly orange scarf out of the way. She was walking in the middle of the parking lot, and "told" meaning the windows were up and she never even looked in my general direction. It was an ugly orange scarf. Mr. Gnome's response: "Was that a knit, purl, overhanded wrap around weave or what?". Yes, those are quotes because that really is what he said. The scarf, by the way, was woven, not knit.

I was going to show more dishcloths but the batteries for the camera have died. And apparently, after trying three more sets all of our rechargeables are dead. So until next time with more dishcloths and probably some hats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can just hear Mr. Gnome saying that. :) !!!