January 18, 2008

Road Block

In knitting a Road Block, usually turns into a Fork in the Road; ie. in another project.
The above is the Tea Pot. I needs polly fill and pellets. I have been yet to get them. But more daunting, the lid to to the tea pot is crocheted. I haven't had the personal patience to learn to crochet. I also don't have the needles yet. Freaky needles, using letters, it's juts not natural. So there it sits.


I'm sure you are wondering about the aforementioned Other project.This is a sweater for Little Bug, really, who else would wear these colors? She picked them out. Never mess with the fashion ideas of a toddler! It is the Knitted Striped Yoke Pullover from Lion Brand using Plymouth Encore Chunky. Crazy easy and quick, I'm using size 11s! I've finished the front and back so far, and while waiting for everything to load I've almost finished the first sleeve. It's cute and she's excited, what more can you ask for?




What else does one do when running into a road block? Cook.

Banana-Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Bread from March 2007 Veggie Times. Yes it is as good as it sounds.

Last night I made Mac Daddy from Veganomicon. A vegan macaroni and cheese. Now you must understand the testing of my marriage this meal involved. Mr. Gnome is one who believes that nearly all meals are enhanced by some sort of cream sauce or at least Ranch. When I first saw this recipe I was intrigued, but thought, no no the husband would never go for it. But I just wanted to make it so much, I was so intrigued! So I did it. And he liked it!! He even brought some to work for lunch today! Shocked I tell you, I'm shocked. Though, amusingly, he did ask my why I couldn't be normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm certain he'd be very disappointed with normal! Very cute sweater for Little Bug by the way :)