June 11, 2009

Very Berry



I've been busy doing things with all of those Strawberries and Raspberries.
I made five jars of Strawberry Jam, three jars of Raspberry Preserve and one odd Strawberry/Raspberry Jamserve because there was extra from both.


I tried out a recipe for Raspberry Stuffed French Toast. This was the breakfast that almost wasn't, we lost power while it was baking. Yes, baking French toast, odd but it was very good. Also a Raspberry Sauce on top that was later used in a smoothie.
I made the yearly Strawberry Corn Muffins. So yummy in the morning with some butter or cream cheese or just by themselves.

Strawberry Ice Cream. I haven't made homemade ice cream in a while. Mostly I've been fearful of making my own dairy free ice cream. Mr. Gnome said it was very good Before he found out it was dairy free.

And last but certainly not least Strawberry Shortcake. Mr.
Gnome's mom makes Strawberry Shortcake so this is a childhood favorite for him.
This is only some of the things we've done with the berries. There have been berries on salads, in cereal, in smoothies and mostly just in our mouths.


No comments: