August 15, 2011

The Knitting

I really have been knitting too. Not just talking about knitting and collecting yarn. I started two new projects before I left for Portland.

Socks for Mr. Gnome. I cast on for these the day I left and finished the first sock on the way home. It's Cookie A.'s BFF socks using four mini skeins of Unique Sheep I got last year at the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival. Each skein is a slightly different shad of green. You can see where each one starts. I'm being ok with that....or at least trying to be ok....
This is Batik. I cast on for this the night before I left. Made the mistake of knitting on it between sleeping fits in LAX thus totally screwing it up. But not in an obvious sort of way, in a sort of way that I didn't notice, despite knitting on it in Portland, until I was waiting to get on the plane to come home. It's a shawl knit from the top up, meaning you cast on nearly 400 stitches and I had to rip all of that out. Here it is restarted and further than I'd gotten before.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, love the sock colors!! And the shawl yarn is lovely too.