November 22, 2012

Thankful for Teeth

Yes, it's that time again where all your friends write about the cheesy stuff their thankful for on Facebook.  I say keep it simple, family, a home, food and teeth with which to eat.  You know my classic story of life-long-vegetarian girl find out what people mean by "What Do you eat?" when people find out that not eating meat includes turkeys at Thanksgiving. 
This year we had our traditional Arlo Guthrie and Alice's Restaurant.  See my parents didn't instill a tradition of a giant bird on our table, they encouraged songs and movies about hippies, littering and how to mess with the military.  This year we also had a giant sweet potato.  I was afraid I was going to hurt my knitting hand cutting this baby up!
 The meal itself was mostly from last month's Vegetarian Times.  Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes, Sourdough and Leek Stuffing (I used this sourdough recipe), Flaky Vegetable Pastry, Wild Rice Verraines and not from the magazine Watermelon Radish Salad.  This last recipe, and lettuce and radishes, came with a Thanksgiving Share from a farm at the Farmer's Market.  All was very tasty leaving us full but not icky feeling.
The Bug decorated the candlesticks for the Holiday.  She was all excited about Thanksgiving, made the Cranberry Sauce all by herself.

Now with the reality of real food in front of her she isn't too excited anymore.  Oh the trials of a picky eater during any holiday.

1 comment:

Jcg said...

That looks delicious. I'm coming to your house next year.