December 2, 2013

When in doubt....

 This was the second year I partook of Earth Dance's Thanksgiving Share.  It's a great and easy way to get some extra local veggies in a month when there aren't as many Farmer's Markets.  Also it gives me something to order while everyone else is ordering their Turkey.
 This year in along with lots of greens, squash, potatoes and other goodies there were 2 lbs of carrots and 2 lbs of Daikon Radish.  I'd already gotten a lot of carrots at the Market and I've never had a Daikon Radish before.  To the Pinterest!  
 I found this recipe for Daikon Carrot Pickles.  Then I looked up what one does with pickled Daikons.  Turns out it's good on Banh Mi Sandwiches; among other things.  I had this amazing vegan Bahn Mi in Indianapolis that I've been wanting to replicate. 
So I pickled.  The little guy on the far left didn't pop.  I also ran out of jars so put the last in the big jar which is too big for my canner.  So I'll need to eat some pickles Soon.  I haven't tasted it yet but it smells fantastic!

No comments: