January 4, 2014

Thrumming Mad

 Just finished Mr. gnome's Mittens.  They are pretty fluffy!  They didn't take as long to knit as I was afraid.  And really not at all fiddly like some where making it sound it could be.  Finding the right amount of fiber to use in a thrum was a bit of a learning curve.  I'm happy with them.
Mr. Gnome...I'm not so sure what he thinks.  Mostly that I'm crazy and that these mittens are crazy.  Crazy warm!  Soon there will be a matching hat.  Not thrummed.  That might be a bit too much.  Not super matching.  Just sort of matching.  Made with the rest of the yarn whatever layer of matchy you want to put on it. 

1 comment:

Arkay said...

Oh I love these! I have some pretty handpainted fiber that my sister sent me, and I have no idea what to do with it yet.
Have you ever given a knitting class? I need to learn more skills!